- ½ head Napa Cabbage, leaves
- ¾ lb Pork, lean ground
- ¼ lb Shrimp, roughly diced
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Green Onions (white portion only, diced)
- 2 l Poe Boy’s Chicken Stock of (other stock)
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce (Paleo Friendly Red Boat)
- 1 c Water
- 3 Carrots, peeled & sliced on the bias
- 2 ribs Celery
- Sea Salt & Fresh Pepper to taste
- 1 bunch Chives
- Simmer stock, water, carrots, celery and fish sauce in a pot.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine in a large bowl; shrimp, pork, chestnuts, whites of green onions, coconut aminos, garlic and 1 tsp each of sea salt & pepper.
- Cut off hard stalk from Napa Cabbage leaves and steam till soft.
- Pat dry with paper towel and cut leaves in half lengthwise.
- Wrap a tbsp of meat mix in cabbage leaf (like a purse) and tie closed with chive. (Note: the soup is equally delicious and easier to make if you forgo the cabbage wrappings and just throw everything in the pot.)
- Place in stock for approximately 15–20 minutes.